Welcome to Warrior Arts Academy! Please take a moment to review our dojo’s policies below
- There is a one-time $39 registration fee per person upon enrollment.
- Registration fees are mandatory for each person and each membership. They cover insurance and admin fees.
- You can start any day of the month.
- Your first payment will be pro-rated and will be due on the same day as registration. Regular payments start on the 1st of the following month, and on the 1st of each month afterwards (unless otherwise arranged).
- A payment method must be uploaded to the account for automatic processing.
- For month-to-month memberships, you must inform us of cancellation 48 hours before your next payment (in the
- For contract memberships, you are obligated for 12 consecutive payments and are automatically processed using
the preferred method of payment (credit card or EFT). Cancellation of contract members (on the renewal date)
must be made in writing 30 days before the renewal date.
- For contract memberships, a one-month cancellation fee will be due and payable upon cancellation. There are no refunds for processed payments at any time.
- There are absolutely no refunds under any circumstances, including “unused” portions of the membership
duration. This applies to any and all memberships, including those paid in full. No exceptions. You must agree to this policy upon registration.
- We will always honour holds and extensions if illness or injury arise. Holds are 1 month at a time and are honoured for a maximum of 3 months. Special circumstances can be discussed at the time of need.
- We are open on some holidays, depending on the year. Please look out for emails regarding closures. For longer, holiday closures, we will extend membership expiry dates OR pro-rate that month's payment.
*For those on auto-pay, you must cancel your membership in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply not showing up for class does not tell us you want to cancel and we will never make that assumption.
We will do our due diligence if you communicate with us!
- Your first month’s payment (or pro-rated agreed amount) will be paid automatically using the online payment system. Log in to your account to update your payment method or see as at the front desk.
- School subsidy payments are acceptable for payment (please make arrangements with Monica by email: email@example.com)
- A void cheque or Pre-authorization form is required for auto payments through EFT.
- There is a 5% tax on services (GST), and 12% tax on gear/equipment/clothing (GST/PST).
- Payment for gear such as uniforms or equipment is due upon receiving the item(s) and can be paid by cash,
e-transfer, debit, or credit.
- e-transfers go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop-in classes are $21.50 + GST per person for anyone that is visiting or just wants 1 class at a time.
- 10-class passes are available for $150 + GST per person and are non-refundable.
- The 10-class pass expires 4 months from the purchase date to free space for new students.
- The expiry date will only be extended if we are closed during a holiday period.
- You may renew your 10-class pass as often as you like.
- You may transfer an unused pass to another person if you have to stop training. This can only be done once.
- The 10-class passes cannot be shared with more than one person at a time.
- Only family members from the same household can obtain a family discounted membership (i.e. siblings or parent/child(ren) memberships), from one payment source and one home address.
- Grown kids living elsewhere will be charged the regular rate.
- There are no family discounts for 10-class passes.
- Adding a program is as easy as trying it! Try the class, and then let an administrator know if you would like to enroll.
- You are allowed one free trial in any program.
- Add $25 + GST per month for each additional program per person. This applies to family members as well.
- Add on programs do not have a contract; they are month-to-month
- For 10-class passes, use your pass for any class at no additional charge. Please inform us if you wish to be
enrolled in another program on your pass.
- All programs are per person or per family.
- Ranks in jiu-jitsu are automatically earned when you wear a uniform & belt
- Uniforms (gi) are strongly recommended right away but are optional in the beginning during any trial period.
- You will not receive a rank if you have no uniform.
- Belts worn without the gi will not be sufficient for ranking/grading.
- You may wear your own uniform from a previous school, but a new belt must be purchased for $12 + tax.
- Japanese jiu-jitsu has a different belt system and requires a new belt. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu belts have a separate system for grading. Please speak to Renshi Dave or Coach Colin if you have questions about BJJ grading.
- Kickboxing has no uniform, but proper attire is required (workout clothing)
- Long hair must be tied back, no exceptions
- No jewelry whatsoever. Earring studs are permitted and can also be taped.
- No shoes are permitted, except for approved wrestling, boxing, or tae kwon do shoes for those training in
- You may not request to be graded or ranked; this decision is solely at the discretion of Renshi Dave and Sensei Monica. If you genuinely feel you have been missed due to an administrative error, please talk to us about it.
- You may not remove or add your own stripes.
- You will be invited to grade via email
- There is a separate exam fee ($38 + $12 for new belt) for all tests and they are on a per person basis.
- Exams are conducted on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Fees cover the exam day, diploma, and new belt (for jiu-jitsu).
- Clean workout clothes and uniform is mandatory
- Trimmed toe nails and clean feet are required at all times
- Absolutely no colognes, perfumes, or body sprays are not permitted.
- Face masks are not permitted during training. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- We reserve the right to turn away students that are physically not prepared for class, or display symptoms of illness, or have unkempt hygiene.
- The safety and health of our students is of the utmost importance and we require cooperation from the student body in order to make the environment suitable for training. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us right away.
- All Jiu-Jitsu programs: Gi, t-shirt or tank top under the gi top, & belt (no bare chests under the gi for anyone).
- Women/Girls Kickboxing: 8oz, 10oz, or 12oz gloves & handwraps. Hand pads are optional but recommended.
- Co-Ed Kickboxing: 12oz, 14oz, or 16oz sparring gloves (option to have a separate 10oz bag glove for bags or
pad drills), shin/instep guards, and Mouth piece.
- Sparring equipment will be recommended once students achieve certain levels.
- There are usually 3 pieces of sparring equipment required (headgear, punching gloves, and footpads).
- Waiting for your class: please be respectful of the class that is still going on; speak and observe quietly.
- No rough play or boisterous activity in the waiting or stretching area.
- Shoes must be put on the shelf or on the mats provided.
- Please claim your lost items within 60 days. Items not claimed, including water bottles and equipment will be donated.
- Children require supervision at all times. Please drop off/pick your children up at exact times.
- Children are permitted to wait in the lobby area quietly.
- No chewing gum is allowed at any time.
- Addressing your instructor is by title or title and name. i.e. Renshi, or Renshi Dave / Sensei, or Sensei Monica
- Photography/Video recordings: please snap photos of your own child whenever possible, and obtain permission before posting on social media. It's always a good idea to check in with administration before publishing photos.
Save our email addresses and add us as a contact*: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: Warrior Arts Academy
*Hotmail, Outlook, msn, Yahoo, Gmail, and a few other accounts may filter our emails to your junk/spam folder. Please save us as a trusted contact so you can receive our important emails/notices.
Owners: Monica & David Whitehead www.warriorartsacademy.net
All uniforms, gear, & equipment available for order at extra cost. It is recommended to have a uniform (Jiu-Jitsu) and highly recommended that you have equipment such as gloves or sparring gear, depending on your program requirement.